In every transaction, Chambliss attorneys focus on understanding and achieving our clients' business objectives. Our multi-disciplinary approach, extensive experience, and industry knowledge help ensure all aspects of a transaction are managed successfully.
Clients depend on our attorneys for strategic counsel on mergers, acquisitions, dispositions, reorganizations, divestitures, joint ventures, and leveraged buyouts. We regularly represent both buyers and sellers in various types and sizes of transactions including public and private transactions, closely held and family-owned businesses, public companies, private equity firms, entrepreneurs, startup and emerging companies, and Chapter 11 parties. We manage both domestic and cross-border deals. As a member of Meritas, the premier global legal network, we are able to offer counsel on laws affecting mergers and acquisitions and private equity transactions throughout the globe.
Our M&A group benefits from the industry knowledge and experience in our various practice areas, including health care, real estate, labor and employment, securities, commercial finance, intellectual property, environmental, and tax. This team approach enables us to provide high-quality work in an efficient, cost-effective manner.
No matter the size of the deal, Chambliss attorneys establish a foundation of trust with our clients. We take the time to understand your objectives, your business, and your industry. We are responsive to the needs of our clients – your deals matter at Chambliss. We also strive to work well with the team on the opposite side of the transaction to resolve issues and ensure productive negotiations. We receive praise from our clients and our peers regarding our work and the relationships we have built. Our transaction attorneys are consistently ranked for Best Lawyers in America©, Mid-South Super Lawyers, and are also recognized by Chambers USA® national rankings.
What We See on the Horizon
Contact our Chambliss business and corporate counsel team for the latest insights on:
- Pursuing deals to acquire technology or other strategic capabilities to make your business more competitive
- Preparing and implementing succession plans to transition the business to family, employees, or third party buyers, as current ownership ages
- The M&A activity occurring in manufacturing on the financial and strategic buyers side of deals
A Snapshot of Our Depth
Chambliss attorneys work on all aspects of transactions, including:
- Legal and business due diligence
- Purchase and pricing strategies
- Confidentiality agreements and letters of intent
- Payment and transaction structuring, risk management, and other business objectives
- Transaction documents, including public and private debt and equity financing
- Closing and managing post-closing adjustments, earn outs, and indemnification issues