Chambliss financial services attorneys understand the changing landscape and highly regulated environment of the banking and financial industry. We are accessible and responsive to our clients' needs, and collaborate with a cross-section of our attorneys to drive strategic solutions.
Chambliss routinely handles a wide range of corporate and consumer finance transactions. We have extensive experience in commercial lending, private equity and securities, consumer lending, mergers and acquisitions, bankruptcy, restructuring, and workout related matters. We work with an array of financial services companies, including banks (local to national), credit unions, investment advisors, trust companies, brokerage firms, consumer lenders, as well as many other financial services industry participants.
Our depth of experience and extensive deal knowledge allow us to serve a broad spectrum of industries such as, manufacturing, construction, energy, health care, media, education, government, nonprofit, emerging businesses, and logistics. We are skilled in our understanding of the Uniform Commercial Code and routinely represent buyers and sellers in all aspects of the purchase and sale of goods. Our finance and lending clients trust us to structure, negotiate, and close simple to complex commercial transactions. Chambliss attorneys are consistently ranked for Best Lawyers in America©, Mid-South Super Lawyers, and are also recognized by Chambers USA® national rankings.
What We See on the Horizon
Contact our Chambliss business and corporate counsel team for the latest insights on:
- Increasing competition and market forces are driving factors making it more important than ever to ensure contracts are complete and accurate. Inadequate contracts allow for increased levels of risk. Litigation can be lengthy and costly to businesses if your deals do not take into consideration your unique business needs. Our attorneys work diligently to ensure the strength of your contracts.
- Continued issues resulting from unethical or financially distressed suppliers and/or customers. Chambliss attorneys work to protect your business from these types of risks. However, even with proper planning, these issues can still arise. When unfortunate situations occur, we take quick action when discovered to minimize the impact on your business. Chambliss lawyers are champions for your company and are skilled at protecting your business from those seeking to take advantage of situations impermissibly.
A Snapshot of Our Depth
- Acquisition financing
- Bankruptcy and restructuring
- Bond financing (taxable and tax-exempt)
- Convertible debt facilities or debt with equity option and warrant features
- Entity formation and capital raising
- Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA)
- Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA)
- Financial services litigation
- Lease financings
- Letter of credit facilities
- Loan workout transactions
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Mezzanine and subordinated debt credit facilities
- Multistate secured credit facilities
- Real estate acquisition and construction loans
- Regulatory and securities law compliance
- Securities litigation and arbitration
- Shareholder rights
- Syndicated credit facilities (secured and unsecured)
- Traditional senior and subordinate secured credit facilities (various types of collateral)
- Enforcement proceedings
- Insurance coverage disputes and litigation
- Banks and Financial Institutions
- Consumer financial services
- Commercial Finance
- Corporate Finance
- Corporate Trusts
- Municipal Finance