Revision Effective Date: May 13, 2021
1. Sites Covered by Chambliss’ Online Privacy Statement
2. Types of Information Chambliss Collects
Personal information is information that is associated with your name or personal identification. Chambliss uses personal information, to the extent that you provide it to us, to better understand your needs and to provide you with better service. Once you choose to provide us with personal information, you can be assured it will be used only to support your relationship with Chambliss. We take the trust you place in us seriously. Chambliss will not sell, rent, or lease your personal information to others.
On some Chambliss websites, you can subscribe to one or more of our newsletters, bulletins, legal updates, or other materials. The types of personal information you may provide to us include, but are not limited to, your name, your company’s name, your title, your phone number, your mailing address, your company’s mailing address, and/or your email address. You may unsubscribe to any of these materials by following the instructions provided at the end of the materials. If you are applying for a job at Chambliss, you may provide your educational background, your employment background, and job interest data in addition to the above-listed information. If you are selecting a preferred charitable and/or nonprofit organization to which Chambliss may direct a holiday donation, you may provide the identity of one or more preferred charitable and/or nonprofit organizations in addition to the above-listed personal information.
Nonpersonal information is data relating to website usage and operation that is not associated with a specific personal identity. Chambliss may collect and analyze nonpersonal information to determine how visitors use the Chambliss websites and digital marketing platforms.
Nonpersonal data Chambliss collects may include the pages visited on Chambliss websites.
3. Children’s Privacy
The Chambliss websites are not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on the Chambliss websites. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on the Chambliss websites or through any of its features, register on the Chambliss websites, use any of the interactive or comment features of the Chambliss websites, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. How Chambliss Uses Your Information
Chambliss uses your personal information to provide you with services and to help us better understand your needs and interests. Particularly, Chambliss uses your personal information to communicate with you, to provide service, and to update you as to our services.
Nonpersonal data may be aggregated for analysis of Chambliss websites’ usability, performance, and effectiveness. It may also be used to improve the site content, accessibility, and navigability.
5. With Whom Chambliss Shares Your Information
6. Access to and Accuracy of Your Information
Chambliss strives to keep your personal information accurate. We have implemented technology management processes and policies to maintain personal information accuracy. We can provide you with access to your personal information, including making reasonable efforts to provide you with the opportunity to change your personal information. To protect your privacy and security, we take reasonable steps to verify your identity, such as a password and/or user ID or requiring certain proof of identification, before granting access to your personal information.
7. Keeping Your Information Secure
Chambliss is committed to protecting the information you provide us. To prevent unauthorized access and disclosure, to maintain data accuracy, and to ensure the appropriate use of information, Chambliss implements appropriate physical and managerial procedures to safeguard the information we collect.
8. Changes to the Chambliss Online Privacy Statement
9. Contacting Chambliss
Privacy Notice and Notice at Collection for California Residents
Revision Effective Date: May 13, 2021
This Notice does not apply to employment-related personal information collected from California-based employees, job applicants, contractors, or similar individuals. Also, this Notice does not apply to personal information reflecting a written or verbal business-to-business communication (B2B personal information).
Information We Collect
We collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer, household, or device (personal information). Personal information does not include:
- Publicly available information from government records.
- Deidentified or aggregated consumer information.
- Information excluded from the CCPA’s scope, like:
- Health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA);
- Personal information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) or California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA), and the Driver’s Privacy Protection Act of 1994.
In particular, we may collect, and within the last twelve (12) months we may have collected, the following categories of personal information from consumers, including without limitation through our website, email marketing, and social media pages:
|A. Identifiers||A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol (IP) address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.||YES|
|B. Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e))||A name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information. Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.||YES|
|C. Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law||Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or genetic information (including familial genetic information).||NO|
|D. Commercial information||Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.||NO|
|E. Biometric information||Genetic, physiological, behavioral, and biological characteristics, or activity patterns used to extract a template or other identifier or identifying information, such as, fingerprints, faceprints, and voiceprints, iris or retina scans, keystroke, gait, or other physical patterns, and sleep, health, or exercise data.||NO|
|F. Internet or other similar network activity||Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.||YES|
|G. Geolocation data||Physical location or movements.||NO|
|H. Sensory data||Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.||NO|
|I. Professional or employment-related information||Current or past job history or performance evaluations.||NO|
|J. Nonpublic education information (per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. Section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99))||Education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf, such as grades, transcripts, class lists, student schedules, student identification codes, student financial information, or student disciplinary records.||NO|
|K. Inferences drawn from other personal information||Profile reflecting a person’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.||NO|
We may obtain, and during the last twelve (12) months may have obtained, the categories of personal information listed above from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you. For example, from forms you complete or information you submit through any website comment or other function that allows you to submit information directly to Chambliss. Another example is information you provide to us at Chambliss seminars, when registering for events, or submitting information via one of our surveys.
- Indirectly from you. For example, from observing your actions on and interactions with our websites and email marketing tools using automatic data collection technologies, including but not limited to browser cookies.
- From third parties. We may collect information about you from a variety of sources, including without limitation advertising networks or vendors, internet service providers, data analytic providers (e.g. Google Analytics, depending on your browser settings and add-ons), government entities (e.g., Tennessee government agencies, such as the Tennessee Secretary of State), operating systems and platforms, and event registration or webinar vendors. We may also collect information from you, depending on your social media privacy settings, if you choose to interact with our pages on social media sites.
Use of Personal Information
We may use or disclose, and during the last twelve (12) months may have used or disclosed, the personal information we collect (as outlined above) for one or more of the following business purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, if you share your name and contact information to ask about our legal services, we will use that personal information to respond to your inquiry. Other examples include to provide you with email alerts, event registrations, and other notices or communications
- For marketing, research, analysis, and development of service offerings, including developing and improving our websites, marketing, and services
- To interact with you on our social media pages, where appropriate, and to improve our social media pages
- To present our websites, social media pages, and their contents to you and to provide and optimize our websites (for example, by generating analytics about how visitors browse and interact with the websites)
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our websites, services, databases and other technology assets, and business
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations
- To meet professional standards
- As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our website users or consumers who have interacted with our social media pages is among the assets transferred
We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
Sharing Personal Information
We may share your personal information with the following categories of third parties for the business purposes indicated above:
- Service, technology, or cybersecurity providers or vendors (personal information categories A, B, F from the “Information We Collect” chart set forth above)
- Third parties that you intentionally use us to interact with or disclose information to (e.g., social networks, when you interact with our social media pages) or third parties to whom you or your agents direct us to disclose your personal information (personal information categories A, B, C)
During the last twelve (12) months, we may have shared your personal information with the following categories of third parties for the business purposes indicated above (the personal information categories set forth in the chart below are defined in the “Information We Collect” chart set forth above):
|Personal Information Category||Category of Third-Party Recipients – Business Purpose Disclosures|
|B: California Customer Records personal information categories|
|C: Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law||None|
|D: Commercial information||None|
|E: Biometric information||None|
|F: Internet or other similar network activity|
|G: Geolocation data||None|
|H: Sensory data||None|
|I: Professional or employment-related information||None|
|J: Nonpublic education information||None|
|K: Inferences drawn from other personal information||None|
In the preceding twelve (12) months, we did not sell personal information. Chambliss does not sell personal information triggering opt out requirements under the CCPA.
Your Rights and Choices
The CCPA provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past twelve (12) months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights), we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
- If we disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, a list of disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
We do not provide these access and data portability rights for B2B personal information.
Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights), we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.).
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
We do not provide these deletion rights for B2B personal information.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
- Calling us at (855) 711-7047
- Emailing us at email@example.com
Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child or another person if you are authorized to act on their behalf. To designate an authorized agent (except when you have provided an appropriate power of attorney), please (i) contact us to verify your identity; (ii) confirm with us that you have given the agent authorization to submit a request on your behalf; and (ii) provide the authorized agent with written and signed permission to act on your behalf (please provide us with a copy).
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative, which may include:
- Network and device Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, name, email address, and/or date and background information concerning when and how you may have interacted with Chambliss, if applicable. Please try to include at least two data points that relate to the manner in which you may have interacted with Chambliss, if applicable.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you.
Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
Response Timing and Format
We will confirm receipt of your request within ten (10) business days. We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to forty-five (45) additional days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
We will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option.
Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny access to services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for services or a different level or quality of services.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to amend this privacy notice at our discretion and at any time. When we make changes to this privacy notice, we will post the updated notice on our websites and update the notice’s effective date. Your continued use of our websites and other resources following the posting of changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes.
Phone: (855) 711-7047