Chambliss lawyers oversee business and consumer bankruptcy, including commercial litigation and workout issues, primarily for creditors, both secured and unsecured, and creditors' committees. Our attorneys advise and litigate on issues related to bankruptcy and commercial collection work, including related tax issues, and issues under the Federal Employment Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA). The bankruptcy-related work often includes involvement in the purchase or sale of assets or businesses. Our team of business and bankruptcy attorneys work in a coordinated effort to assist our clients in these matters.
While we understand litigation is sometimes inevitable, we counsel our business, banking, and financial services clients on avoiding bankruptcy-related issues before problems arise. Our firm focuses on providing practical legal advice with an emphasis on the need to work with clients to make good business decisions. When litigation is inevitable, our clients rely on the depth of experience from our bankruptcy team. We have argued numerous cases before bankruptcy courts, multi-state courts, and federal district courts across the U.S. Although some commercial litigation does not involve jury trials, Chambliss lawyers are experienced in both jury and non-jury cases.
Chambliss services include:
- Representation of unsecured creditors' committees
- Bankruptcy preference litigation
- Bankruptcy fraudulent conveyance litigation
- Bankruptcy plans and proposed uses of collateral or refinancing arrangements
- Forbearance agreements
- Foreclosure on both personal property and real property
- General collection of commercial accounts, including enforcement of personal guaranties
- Out-of-court workouts
- Relief from the automatic stay