Chambliss' Bankruptcy Group handles business and consumer bankruptcy, including commercial litigation and workout issues, primarily for creditors, both secured and unsecured, and creditors' committees. Lawyers counsel business and banking clients on avoiding bankruptcy-related issues before problems arise.Many members of the Group are litigators, having presented numerous cases before state, federal district, bankruptcy and appellate courts in Tennessee, Georgia and the Southeast.Additionally, Chambliss lawyers advise and litigate for clients on issues related to bankruptcy and commercial collection work, including issues related to tax and Federal Employment Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA). Bankruptcy-related work often includes involvement in the purchase or sale of assets or businesses and, in conjunction with a number of lawyers in the firm's Business Section, the Bankruptcy Group assists clients in each of these matters.
Bankruptcy and Creditors’ Rights
- Proposed Stimulus Bill Includes Significant Changes to the Bankruptcy Code
- U.S. News and Best Lawyers® Nationally Rank Chambliss Law Firm in Sixteen Practice Areas for 2019
- 17 Chambliss Attorneys Ranked By Mid-South Super Lawyers 2018
- Chambliss Law Welcomes Two New Associate Attorneys
- U.S. News and Best Lawyers® Ranks Chambliss Law Firm in 17 Practice Areas in the Chattanooga Metro Area
- 21 Chambliss Attorneys Ranked by Mid-South Super Lawyers 2019