Justin Furrow provides top-notch counsel and complex employment litigation representation to national and regional corporations, family-owned businesses, emerging companies, and other entities. He sees himself as an insider and a partner who works with clients to minimize risk and identify opportunities that not only conform with the law, but also complement their company culture and way of doing business.
With an impressive track record, Justin has successfully defended and assisted clients in major employment law matters in state and federal courts across the country, and before administrative agencies such as the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and U.S. Department of Labor (DOL). Clients benefit from Justin’s in-depth knowledge of local, state, and federal laws and regulations related to all facets of employment law, including:
- Discrimination and retaliation
- Workplace harassment
- Employee leave, including under the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Wage-and-hour compliance and class/collective action defense
- Employment verification (including I-9 and E-Verify)
- Wrongful discharge
- Whistleblower protections
- Disability, including reasonable accommodation
- Enforcement of noncompetition and nonsolicitation agreements
- Workplace safety and health audits and citation contests
- Shareholder disputes and related litigation
When conflicts arise, Justin develops thoughtful, innovative strategies to deliver outcomes that address his clients' business goals. Justin collaborates with clients in an effort to avoid potentially troublesome issues and provide practical, creative counsel, minimizing risks of exposure, bad publicity, and litigation. He helps businesses navigate an ever-changing landscape of employment law and regulations. Justin places an emphasis on staying nimble and using forethought to predict and adeptly handle concerns arising from the societal pressures and movements that develop, such as the #MeToo campaign.
Justin treats each client interaction as a building block of a long-term partnership. Clients appreciate Justin’s respectful nature and hands-on, energetic approach. He enjoys guiding organizations in crafting measures that set and solidify company cultures for years to come.