In over 30 years of practice, John has litigated or tried a broad range of cases. Today, he focuses primarily on commercial and intellectual property litigation and mediation. John has successfully prosecuted or defended claims involving patent, trademark and/or copyright infringement, trade secret misappropriation, supplier-dealer issues, breach of warranty/contract, and product liability claims in numerous jurisdictions. He has handled cases with technologies ranging from heavy machinery to plastics, floor covering to siding, sporting goods to musical instruments, hazardous waste containment products to food products.
John is listed as a mediator with the American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA) and is a Tennessee Supreme Court Rule 31 Listed General Civil Mediator.
- "Strategies in IP Mediation", Tennessee Intellectual Property Law Assn, November, 2019
- "6th Circuit Cases Update," Federal Bar Association, Chattanooga, Tennessee Chapter, August 2019
- "Implications of the Defend Trade Secrets Act of 2016" reprinted in American Intellectual Property Law Ass'n (AIPLA) Newsstand, May 13, 2016
- "Ethics and Patent Law: Subject Matter Conflicts and Other Concerns,” Tennessee Intellectual Property Law Association, November 2015
- "Civil Practice, Procedure and Pointers," Federal Bar Association, Chattanooga, Tennessee Chapter, December 2013