At Chambliss, each employee is highly valued for their contributions to the overall success of our firm. Our team is comprised of paralegals, legal assistants, and professionals in numerous business operations across the firm, including marketing, information technology, and financial management. We have cultivated a positive, yet challenging and collaborative work environment by encouraging our employees to grow and learn beyond their positions.
Service-Driven, Fiercely Loyal
Our talented, service-driven professionals are committed to serving our clients and the community. As with our clients and lawyers, we are fiercely loyal to all employees in our firm. This is why we adapt with our employees and strive to be one of the best places to work.
Chambliss attracts a diverse workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We acknowledge, embrace, and encourage our differences because we realize that our lives are enriched by that which makes us different. It is our policy, from recruitment through employment and promotion, to provide equal opportunity at all times without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, disability, or status as a veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. We are committed to hiring attorneys and staff with diverse backgrounds and life experiences and strive to maintain a working environment free of all forms of discrimination or harassment at every level of employment.
It’s important to us that our employer-employee relationship is mutually beneficial. Not only do we want to hire and retain top talent, but we also want to provide a top-quality workplace. We strive to offer an excellent work environment and impressive benefits. We provide full-time employees with a competitive salary, health and retirement benefits, including 401(k) with firm match, the opportunity for professional development, and subsidized gym membership opportunities. We also offer flexible working arrangements including part-time positions, compressed work weeks, job sharing, telecommuting, and a supportive environment for working mothers and single parents. Other benefits you can expect:
- 8 paid holidays
- Paid personal leave
- Monthly birthday/anniversary employee celebrations
- Health and wellness learning opportunities
- Onsite massages through payroll deduction
- Annual firm family day
- Cornhole and pingpong tournaments
- Charitable/volunteer opportunities
- Other holiday parties and events
- Subsidized gym memberships
We have the following positions open:
Are you looking for a fast-paced opportunity that supports multiple individuals in the legal industry? Chambliss Law is seeking a full-time legal assistant to provide support to attorneys in its Corporate Transactions practice group. This position will be responsible for various tasks that help support the overall success of the team. Our growing mid-size law firm provides comprehensive legal services for an impressive list of local, regional, national, and international clients. We are seeking an individual with a willingness to take on whatever the day may bring.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Various administrative duties
- Draft, revise, and proofread correspondence and other legal documents
- Create and maintain client files
- Handle invoices and workflow documentation
- Scan, copy, and route documents in a timely manner
- Calendar various deadlines
- Maintain multiple agendas and provide reminders to attorneys
- Prepare closing binder
- Make travel arrangements for attorneys as needed
- Provide backup coverage for other legal assistants and paralegals
Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent grammar, writing, and editing skills
- Excellent typing skills
- Strong organizational skills with outstanding time management
- Ability to learn quickly
- Keen attention to detail
- Thrives in a fast-paced work environment, adaptable, able to multi-task, and remains calm under pressure
- Highly responsive
- Strong work ethic with a positive outlook
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum of three years transactional experience preferred
- Current administrative or office support experience required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word)
Are you interested in working in the legal field and becoming a paralegal?
Through the apprenticeship program at Chambliss, you can do more than start a job — you can start a career! We are looking for eager individuals to work as an apprentice while training to become a paralegal. The paralegal apprentices will train in our transactional and litigation sections. This position plays an important role to the section and involves direct communication and collaboration with our section chair, attorneys, legal assistants, and clients. Our business team serves clients ranging from startups and small businesses to international, publicly traded corporations in a variety of industries, such as food and beverage, health care, IT, manufacturing, nonprofit, real estate, and transportation and logistics. We operate in an innovative, fast-paced, fun, and collaborative work environment. And, our paralegal apprentices will need to hold a high level of professionalism, integrity, and be able to work with a dynamic, high-performing team. Through our partnership with Chattanooga State, we will provide coursework and allow a flexible working schedule to complete on-the-job training.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Ability to work effectively with a team in a fast-paced environment
- Must have the ability to work independently under the supervision of an attorney/supervising paralegal
- Excellent organizational skills; communication skills
- Must have ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Must have ability to work within established operational procedures
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to set priorities
- Superior client services skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; document management systems; web-based research tools
In this position, you will be trained to become a paralegal gaining knowledge of the profession. Your schedule will be flexible and you will spend about 40 hours per week on coursework and on-the-job training, then work on real-world projects with the support of a team who will train you. The best part is that all training is paid for by the firm.
Send resume to:
Director of Human Resources
Chambliss, Bahner & Stophel, P.C.
605 Chestnut Street, Suite 1700
Chattanooga, TN 37450