Having been involved in the administration of several hundred estates over the course of her career, Jennifer Kent Exum is highly regarded by clients and peers for her robust experience in estate and trust administration in Tennessee, across the Southeast region, and internationally. Through her past work with the Public Administrator, Jennifer has represented more estates at one time than any other attorney in Hamilton County, Tennessee. Her focus on estate administration and litigation informs every aspect of her practice, as she sees firsthand the tremendous impact effective estate planning can have on a family and the devastating consequences which can come from a lack of planning.
Jennifer is available to proactively counsel individuals and families on probate, estate and tax planning, and conservatorships, as well as advise and defend them in situations where litigation is necessary. She works closely with clients, including executors, trustees, heirs, and advisors, on matters ranging from simple estates to highly complex business transitions with challenging family dynamics. She works with clients to create legacies and provide for future generations. Her clients are often concerned with cost flexibility, and she works with paralegals and support staff to provide efficient and cost-effective solutions.
- Representation of 11 heirs-at-law in contesting a decedent's Will
- Representation to correct title issues with real estate inherited from deceased family members
- Administrations with complex assets, including international assets and property in multiple states
- Administration of insolvent estates
- Complex estates involving winding down of decedents’ businesses, including trucking, retail and professional practice, and related litigation
- Insolvent estates involving judgment creditors, liens, state and federal tax issues
- Intestate estates with few heirs, unknown heirs, or as many as 60+ heirs-at-law, international real property, and limited liquid assets