Jeffrey Maddux to Lead Mid-South Commercial Law Institute Board
Chambliss attorney Jeffrey Maddux will serve as the Mid-South Commercial Law Institute Board President for 2018. Jeffrey is now serving his fifth year on the board and has been actively involved with the Institute for years. As president, he will play a critical role in preparing the annual seminar in the fall. It will be an advanced two-day CLE seminar on commercial and bankruptcy law in Nashville, TN. Nationally known scholars, judges, and lawyers will be in attendance.
For more information, please read Mid-South Commercial Law Institute’s press release below.
MID-SOUTH COMMERCIAL LAW INSTITUTE 2018 ELECTION OF OFFICERS AND DIRECTORS
March 8, 2018 – The Mid-South Commercial Law Institute has announced the election of five new directors to its 25-member Board, effective February 22, 2018, to serve five-year terms:
- James E. Bailey, III (Butler Snow LLP, Memphis, TN)
- Thomas H. Forrester (Gullett Sanford Robinson & Martin PLLC, Nashville, TN)
- Thomas Humphries (Sirote & Permutt, PC, Birmingham, AL)
- Gwendolyn M. Kerney (Chapter 13 Trustee, Knoxville, TN)
- Robert J. Wilkinson (Chapter 7 Trustee, Law Office of W. Thomas Bible, Jr., Chattanooga, TN)
The following individuals will serve as officers for the next year:
- President – Jeffrey W. Maddux (Chambliss, Bahner & Stophel, P.C., Chattanooga, TN)
- Vice President/President-Elect – Gulam Zade (LOGICFORCE, Nashville, TN)
- Secretary – Nancy B. King (Career Law Clerk to the Hon. Randal S. Mashburn, Nashville, TN)
- Treasurer – Nick Foster (Trial Attorney, U.S. Dept. of Justice, Chattanooga, TN)
- Immediate Past President – Donald (Don) M. Wright (Sirote & Permutt, PC, Birmingham, AL)
Institute President Jeffrey Maddux commented on the new Board Members and Officers: “I am excited about the talent and energy that our new Directors and Officers bring to the Board. We are already working on the 2018 seminar and are making every effort to continue presenting a top quality program featuring nationally recognized speakers.” Each year the non-profit Institute conducts an advanced two-day CLE seminar on commercial and bankruptcy law in Nashville, TN. The next seminar, which attracts nationally known scholars, judges, and lawyers, will be November 29 – 30, 2018. More information about the Institute and its annual seminar can be found at www.midsouthseminar.org.
Read the Hamilton County Herald article.