Estate Planning Essentials: July 2019
Chambliss Estate Planning Essentials brings you legal developments and other trends of vital interest in the world of estate planning. This post is brought to you by Leah McElmoyl and other members of the Estate Planning Practice Group of Chambliss Law Firm.
3RD ANNUAL EMBRACE AGING FORUM
Boomers Are Shaking up the World of Senior Living
Featuring Keynote Speaker – Marc Freedman
National Leading Expert on the Longevity Revolution
Nutrition & Wellness | Estate, Trust, & Financial Planning | Medicare and Benefits Planning | Downsizing & Organizing at Home
Thank You to Our Platinum Sponsor
Embrace Aging: Did You Know?
- Now, for the first time ever, there are more people in the U.S. over 60 years old than under 18! We are absolutely seeing a shift in our clients’ needs and how they plan for their families’ futures.
- We will have over 40 exhibitors at the forum this year! Some of these top notch service providers include:
- Senior living facilities
- Specialized health care providers
- Wealth management firms
- Trust companies
- Home care agencies
- Innovative technology companies
- Luxury, outdoor, and leisure organizations
- Funeral homes & crematory services
- Caregiver Corner is NEW this year! This unique exhibitor area is a culmination of services, supports, resources, and information from home and community providers benefiting any caregiver’s journey. See below for some exciting activities planned.
- FREE Advance Directives for Health Care
- Answers to Caregivers’ FAQs
- Test Drive a Chair-Lift!
- Home Safety Assessments
- A Dementia Immersion Experience
- Tips on How to Deal with Caregiver Stress
- Free Blood Pressure Checks
- Embrace Aging is on social media! Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook!
- Choice of Good Meals for Great Health OR Medicare FAQs and Tips for Long-Term and Disability Planning
- Choice of Tidying Up Your Personal and Financial Assets OR It’s Time to Have “The Talk.”
- We have two different breakout sessions – each with two options to choose from. There is something for everyone!
- Marc Freedman – President, CEO, and Founder of encore.org – is our keynote speaker! You do not want to miss his message. He most recently wrote “How to Live Forever: The Enduring Power of Connecting the Generations” and is the 2018 Eisner Prize winner for intergenerational excellence. He’s an award-winning social entrepreneur, frequent media commentator, and author of five books.
- Registration includes valet parking, continental breakfast, a hot buffet lunch, and an exciting full day of programming with dynamic speakers in aging!
- Tickets are on sale now! Click here to register.
Steps to Take in Advance of Death or Disability
No one wants to face the fact that our loved ones will not be with us forever and facing our own mortality is frightening as well, but it is important to be prepared.
What Makes a Will Valid?
Movies, television, and books like to present wills in dramatic ways–handwritten notes, videos, deathbed utterances–but what actually makes a will valid? The law varies depending on what state you live in, but there are some basic rules.
A Brief Overview of a Trustee’s Duties
If you have been appointed the trustee of a trust, this is a strong vote of confidence in your judgment and trustworthiness. It is also a major responsibility.
Don’t Leave Children Unequal Shares By Mistake
Siblings do not always receive equal shares of a parent’s estate. Sometimes the inequality is intentional and sometimes it is accidental. Regardless of how it happens, it can cause arguments among the children.