Chambliss Stands for Equal Justice Under the Law
In the days that have followed the wrongful killing of George Floyd, we have witnessed and shared in an outpouring of grief from our black community that is heartbreaking and tragic. We believe that today is the time for reflection and personal action.
We encourage everyone to pause and recognize the desperation that stems from a long history and ongoing evidence of racial injustice in our country. In so doing, let us – particularly those of us whose lives are founded upon the principle of equal justice under the law – take pause and ensure that the principle of equal justice is a foundational truth offered to every citizen in our community. The Chambliss family is committed to ensuring that equal justice is not just a dream, but an inalienable right afforded to every American.
The Chattanooga Times Free Press has stated that Chambliss’ “service to clients and community remains a core commitment.” We believe that serving our community is essential to our DNA. Since our founding, we have focused on building and strengthening our hometown and the surrounding region for current and future generations. Our firm has long supported the region through pro bono work and public service to a wide variety of nonprofit organizations focused on inclusion, education, equality, entrepreneurship, and revitalization.
Whether it is donating time or resources, we encourage Chattanoogans and others to join us in connecting with and pursuing deep relationships with organizations that bring us together and strengthen our entire community. We will continue to be fiercely loyal to you, regardless of color or creed.
If you are looking for a place to start, please consider joining us in supporting and/or collaborating with our partners below:
- Boys & Girls Club of Chattanooga
- Chambliss Center for Children
- Chattanooga Area Food Bank
- Chattanooga Legal Diversity Consortium
- Chattanooga Neighborhood Enterprise
- Chattanooga Women’s Leadership Institute (CWLI)
- Enterprise Center
- Girls Inc.
- Glass House Collective
- Junior Achievement of Chattanooga
- Legal Aid of East Tennessee’s Pro Bono Program
- Partnership for Families, Children, and Adults
- Signal Centers
- SPLASH Youth Arts Workshop
- Step Up Program, Public Education Foundation
- United Way of Greater Chattanooga
- Urban League of Chattanooga
- Venture Forward
- YMCA of Metropolitan Chattanooga