Mergers and Acquisitions
With a focus on achieving objectives and results, clients depend on Chambliss for advice in connection with mergers, acquisitions, reorganization, divestitures and joint ventures. The firm’s multi-disciplinary approach, extensive merger and acquisition experience and industry knowledge help ensure all aspects of the transaction are taken into account.
The firm routinely represents buyers and sellers in various types and sizes of public and private transactions, including family-owned businesses, closely-held businesses, private equity firms, entrepreneurs and chapter 11 debtors. Transaction lawyers work in combination with lawyers in Tax, Labor and Employment, Environmental, Intellectual Property, Antitrust and Real Estate Sections, among others. This team approach enables Chambliss to represent clients in an efficient and cost-effective manner, while at the same time advancing their business objectives.
Chambliss lawyers have experience in all aspects of mergers and acquisitions, including:
- Conduction of legal and business due diligence
- Development of proposals and pricing strategies and negotiation of confidentiality agreements and letters of intent
- Development of transaction structures as they relate to tax, financing, labor, risk management and other business objectives
- Negotiation of transaction agreements and related public and private debt and equity financing documents
- Successful consummation of transactions, including post-closing advice and representation