With deep roots in the Chattanooga community, Chambliss has long worked to advise nonprofit and tax-exempt organizations in regards to all aspects of business. Nonprofit organizations, large and small, seek Chambliss for the firm’s expertise, commitment to the industry and community, and multidisciplinary approach.
Chambliss lawyers work to partner with nonprofit clients to design and implement cost-effective strategies that address both legal and practical needs, so that clients can continue the effective pursuit of their missions and charitable purposes. The firm’s representation of nonprofit organizations is wide ranging. Lawyers counsel nonprofits on a variety of matters, including:
- Incorporating and applying for tax exempt status
- Addressing board and governance issues
- Assisting in the preparation of information returns (such as Form 990)
- Advising concerning charitable solicitation registration requirements and fundraising issues
- Providing general tax related guidance